Wednesday, May 26, 2010

All While In Barbados

Today was a GREAT and productive day! I am so happy to have taken advantage of this opportunity. The people here in Barbados have been so welcoming that I almost don’t want to leave. I’ve been so excited about finally having the opportunity to work with the staff at the University of the West Indies and today was the day that it happened.

The staff and administrators here at the University of the West Indies (UWI) are phenomenal! I’ve learned more from them in the last two days than I had imagined that I would. I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to talk with 2 remarkable administrators, Ms. Yearwood & Ms. Nurse. If you can’t already tell by my excitement, we had a GREAT working session about student leadership development. My first aha!
moment of this trip came during our conversation when I realized that although we are thousands of miles away we have similar triumphs, challenges and opportunity for growth.

This experience was not only a learning experience involving my professional development but also my personal development. I’ve realized more about myself and my strengths than I could have imagined. Who ever knew that I could get all this accomplished….all while enjoying Barbados!!!

Leondra Gully, M.Ed. (Recent 2010 Graduate)

No comments: